Thursday, February 9, 2012

Guitar Strings - poem


 His fingers lightly strumming the guitar
melody echoes music plays
songs of peace songs of hate
while I think of the strings
of the strings of love

The strings of my heart which no longer make a sound
chordless and broken silent and still
the musician wonders why he can't repair
those strings of love

His fingers softly play tune by tune
I stare and pray it'll be over soon
they sound so much alike and I can't help but fight
the memories that come

The guitar is dull with broken strings
the sound is wrong if you are not the one that sings
makes no sense makes me mad
but there's no strings for my guitar

His fingers continue with a life on their own
while I'm wrapped in the song that feels  too long
He doesn't know doesn't even have a clue
that I'm faraway traveling and thinking of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment