Thursday, February 9, 2012

It's not him... it's you poem


By: Andrea Fuguet

People try to tell me that he’s been on my mind
That it’s about time that I left you behind
That my cheeks blush when I see this man
All I see is that they don’t know. They don’t understand

People tell me that he makes me smile
That this one will surely be worth my while
That there’s no way you are coming back
But things are not always white or black

Until I can’t take it anymore
And tell them oh you are so wrong
Things are still they way they were before
This lie has been going for far too long

There’s something they must know
And I’ll say it really slow
This is what is actually true
It’s not him but always you

My heart is a shade of gray
I still haven’t been able to find my way
At night he’s not the one I dream about
You were the one that left me in doubt

He’s not the one that keeps me up
The one whose picture I scream I’m done
 The one who left me all messed up
He’s still here and you are gone

So they’ll know, they’ll understand
That for me there’s just one man
 The one I thought loved me too
It’s not him, it always been you

No comments:

Post a Comment